Do You Want to Create Content on a Budget? Here are your 7 Tips;
Content Marketing statistics from Adobe Communications Team indicate that;
- 77% of B2B marketerssay they changed their content strategy after the pandemic.
- 70% of brandschanged their audience targeting and messaging after the pandemic.
- 68% of online experiencesstart with a search query.
- 46% of businesseswant to spend more on content.
- 79% of brandsuse content to generate leads.
- 70% of consumersbought a product after seeing a video about it on YouTube.
- 84% of organizationsfollow a content strategy.
- 53% of mobile userswill leave if your website loads in more than three seconds.
- 63% of B2B marketersuse content to boost customer loyalty.
- 79% of B2B consumerscare about content trustworthiness.
- 86% of marketersdrive traffic to their website with video content
The above-highlighted content marketing statistics depict that Content marketing has become a trend in this fast-paced marketing space. However, creating high-quality content can be a costly endeavor, especially for small businesses and startups on a tight budget. In this era, if a brand must stay on top of its audiences’ minds, it is curial to build brand awareness, engage with customers and drive conservation. Therefore this article explores the strategies for creating content on a budget. You don’t need to rob/break a bank.
Consider using user-generated content. This can be through audience participation which involves two-way communication activities with your key audiences. Carry out activities that bring your audiences in direct contact with the brand. These activities can be as basic as asking your audiences to share memories or stories that they have with the brand. Additionally, you can incorporate into your program triggering events. These can be activities that generate action among key audiences or stakeholders.
Repurpose the existing content. Everyone is thinking about how to create fresh content which could be hectic and tiring. However, you have a bunch of previous work that you can refer to. For example, the written an article for a blog post. You can easily turn it into info graphics, a video or an animation.
Have you thought about your own abilities, expertise, and experience? Well, this comes in handy. You are knowledgeable and an expert in marketing, writing, creative designing, public relations, management, finance, crisis communication etc, start with that. Share your experiences, and perspectives about your industry. This can be through writing, info graphics, and videos among other forms of communication. While you might not be eloquent in writing as a professional writer or good with videography or photography, you will be able to create engaging content without spending a dime.
Use affordable Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools for content development. Artificial intelligence has made significant strides in the recent years, with the ability to automate tasks and even generate content. It has the potential to streamline certain aspects of the content, analyze the vast amount of data and provide valuable insights. Artificial intelligence can generate promotional tools like social media posts, email content, and website content. Using AI can be cost savings. Therefore embrace AI because it is here to stay, save that money as well as create high-quality content.
Marketer Milk team, in their article of November 2023 highlighted 17 AI marketing tools to grow your business in 2023;
- Jasper AI (for copywriting)
- Surfer SEO (for SEO content writing)
- com (content writing for teams)
- Full Story (for digital experiences)
- Zapier (for automating tasks)
- Hemingway app (for content editing)
- Chatfuel (for chatbots)
- Grammarly (for content editing)
- ai (for digital advertising)
- Headlime (for landing pages)
- ai (conversation management)
- Browse AI (for scarping web pages)
- Algolia (for search and recommendation APIs)
- PhotoRoom (for removing image backgrounds)
- io’s AI Sales Email Assistant (for email replies)
- Brand24 (for media monitoring)
- Influencity (for influencer marketing
Employ affordable DYI (do it yourself) tools for content creation. You don’t need expensive equipment or professional assistance to create high quality content. The DYI tools can aid in creating professional- looking content with limited resources. This makes it a cost effective option for content creation. From video editing software to graphic design platforms, the options for DYI tools are massive thereby availing an opportunity to show case creativity, tell stories in a unique and engaging way. Some of the DYI tools include; canva for graphic design, adobe spark for video and graphic design, wave video for video creation, hootsuite for management, lightroom for photo editing among others.
Freelance management tools like Upwork, Hootsuite, Trello, Asana, and Monday.com can connect to various content creation projects, and avail features for content creation such as scheduling and publishing posts. Additionally, these tools can allow you to organize, and track content creation with features like boards, cards, lists, tasks, calendars, timelines, dashboards, and projects thereby easing the content creation process as well as cost saving.
Consider topics of conversation. These could be trending topics in your field of work. For example marketing, communication, creative designing, banking, and finance among others. Never assume that people have the latest information on what is happening. You could leverage on the big fuss topics and give your opinions which is content on your end. All you need to do is keep up-to-date and be very swift. Be the source of the latest information. It will help you stay relevant in this marketplace full of clutter and as well create content without spending lots of cash.
In conclusion, creating high-quality content on a budget is definitely possible with a little creativity and resourcefulness. It is important to set clear goals and objectives for our content and identify the most cost-effective ways to achieve them. By utilizing free or low-cost DYI tools, repurposing existing content, and using affordable AI, you can produce engaging and impactful content that connects with your audience without breaking into the bank.